Top 100 Trial Lawyers
Top 40 Under 40
AV Preeminent
The National Trial Lawyers
Top Once Percent
Best DWI Attorney 2017
10 Best Law Firm

As a Father, What Rights do I Have?

Posted by Peter Tilem || 26-Jan-2015

My clients often call me and tell me, “I’m the father of this child and I’m the non-custodial parent of this child, what types of rights do I have?” If you’re in this situation, you should consult an attorney as soon as possible. Both the father and mother have a right to a child, and if you’re the non-custodial parent in New York State, the custodial parent must give you reasonable visitation with your child. This may amount to every other weekend and usually a dinner during the week. If for some reason, you feel that you’re not receiving reasonable visitation, you should consult with an attorney who can petition on your behalf to receive the visitation that you are entitled to as a parent.

Client Reviews
"Thank you again for discussing my case with today. I can not stress enough how impressed I am with your services as an attorney. You have gone above and beyond the call of duty to attempt to help me. Thank you again and best wishes." Rob
"I am writing to send you my heartfelt thanks for your work on my father’s case. You are a wonderful attorney. I was very impressed by you from our first meeting. I am so grateful we were referred to you." Joanna
"I wanted to first say thank you for everything you have done for me in the last several months. You made this very difficult ordeal in my life less stressful and easier to bear. I am grateful for having you as my attorney and I truly feel that you helped me above my expectations. I appreciate everything." W.S.