DWI / DUI
Until recently, almost all first-time misdemeanor DWI defendants were offered a plea bargain wherein they pleaded guilty to the reduced charge of driving while ability impaired (DWAI). Now, however, if the test result is too high or there was a test refusal, first-time misdemeanor offenders are not being offered a plea to the reduced charge. They must either plea to the misdemeanor charge or proceed to trial.
You need a DWI attorney in the White Plains area with the experience, reputation and knowledge to get you the best possible outcome for your case. Not all DWI lawyers are alike. At Tilem & Associates, PC, we fight to get you the best possible result, including a hardship license where appropriate, a stay of your driver’s license suspension to permit you to obtain a conditional license, and a reduced charge.What are the Different Types of DWI Cases?
No matter how severe the charges you may be facing, there is always a route for defense. We have extensive experience assisting clients in a wide array of cases involving impaired driving. We are prepared to fight to get you most favorable outcome possible.
We have defended clients in cases such as:
- First-Time DWI offense
- Multiple DWI offenses
- DWI involving drugs
- DWI involving accidents and serious injury
- Underage DWI
No matter the charges you may be facing, there will be no stone left unturned in finding an avenue for your defense. Immediately after being arrested, you will need to fight to retain your driving privileges during the administrative license hearing. Immediately following that, our White Plains DWI attorneys can assist you with the criminal process.
We can challenge the evidence and argue against prosecutor claims. It may be possible that the evidence is weak or the police made a critical error during the arrest. Many times, DWI charges can be reduced or even dismissed due to an unlawful arrest!The Penalties for DWI & DWAI in New York
If you are convicted of driving while intoxicated or driving while ability impaired in New York, you can expect to face time in jail, fines and the loss of your driving privileges. For this reason, it would be in your best interest to retain the help of a skilled DWI lawyer in White Plains after a drunk driving arrest.
- First DWI: 1 year in jail, $1,000 in fines and a 6-month suspension
- First DWAI: 15 days in jail, $500 in fines and a 90-day suspension
- Second DWI: 4 years in jail, $5,000 in fines and a 1-year suspension
- Second DWAI: 30 days in jail, $750 in fines and a 6-month suspension
- Third DWI: 7 years in jail, $10,000 in fines and a 1-year suspension
- Third DWAI: 180 days in jail, $1,500 in fines and a 6-month suspension
For more information about how the attorneys at Tilem & Associates, PC can help you with your driving while intoxicated (DWI), aggravated DWI, driving while ability impaired (DWAI), driving while ability impaired by drugs, or driving while ability impaired by drugs and alcohol case, please contact us for a free initial consultation. Our senior partner is a former prosecutor with decades of experience.
We will fight to protect your future. Please contact us today at 877-377-8666.
- First-Time DWI
- Multiple DWI
- Blood & Breath Tests
- Driving While Ability Impaired by Drugs (DWAI by Drugs)
- Aggravated DWI
- DWI Child Endangerment
- Sobriety Checkpoints
- Underage DWI
- Commercial DWI
- Misdemeanor DWI
- Felony DWI
- DWI Penalties and Sentencing
- DWI Refusal
- DWI Plea Bargaining
- Field Sobriety Tests
- Accident DWI
- Ignition Interlock Devices
- Hit and Run DWI
- DWI Pre-Trial Motions
- DWI Lookback Period
- Elements of DWI Offenses
- DWI Sentencing Enhancements
- Evidence in DWI Cases
- DWI Appeals
- Miranda Warnings in DWI Cases
- DWI for Out-of-State Drivers
- Accident Reconstruction in DWI Cases
- Boating Under the Influence
- Boating While Intoxicated (BWI)
- Consumption of an Alcoholic Beverage in a Motor Vehicle