Property owners are responsible to adequately operate, manage, maintain and supervise their property to protect others from risk of harm. However, when property owners fail to maintain a safe environment for their visitors, tenants, or customers, resulting in serious injuries or death, they may be held liable for negligence.
If you have been injured due to the negligence of a property owner, our White Plains slip and fall attorney is dedicated to helping you recover your entitled compensation. With over 25 years of legal experience, we possess the comprehensive knowledge of New York law and court proceedings related to this type of case, in order to obtain the justice you deserve.
Our legal team represents clients in a wide range of premises liability claims, including:
- Slip and fall accidents
- Snow and ice falls
- Negligent security
- Dog bite injuries
- Defective conditions on the premises
- Elevator and escalator accidents
- Swimming pool accidents
- Amusement park accidents
- Toxic chemical exposure
- Lead Exposure
- Fires and explosions
- Falling objects
Injured victims face many legal obstacles in pursuit of recovering damages. They must prove that property owner owed a legal duty to them and the property owner breached this duty. A slip and fall attorney in White Plains may be vital in this effort.
The following elements must be established in order to properly file for a premises liability claim:
- The defendant owned the property, either private or commercial.
- The plaintiff was lawfully on the property. The individual can be invited by the owner, hired to work on the property by the owner, or the property was open to the public.
- Dangerous conditions existed, such as slippery floors, insufficient lighting, toxic chemicals, negligent security, etc.
- The defendant knew about these conditions, but failed to warn visitors, customers or tenants about the potential hazard.
- The defendant failed to fix these problems or repaired the hazards but did so insufficiently.
- Negligence resulted in your injury.
Our White Plains slip and fall lawyers understand that property owners are ready to defend themselves, even accusing you of “comparative fault,” claiming you were partially at fault for causing the accident. We can conduct our own investigation, gather or analyze the evidence and develop a relentless and personalized strategy for you.
At Tilem & Associates,PC, we represent individuals and business throughout the New York metropolitan area. Let us fight for you while you recover from your injuries.
Contact us to schedule your complimentary consultation with a slip and fall lawyer in White Plains today.