Property owners are responsible to adequately operate, manage, maintain and supervise their property to protect others from risk of harm. However, when property owners fail to maintain a safe environment for their visitors, tenants, or customers, resulting in serious injuries or death, they may be held liable for negligence. If you have been injured due to a slip and fall on ice, snow, improperly maintained floor, an object left out, you may be entitled to substantial monetary compensation for your injuries.
If you have been injured due to the negligence of a property owner, our White Plains slip and fall attorneys are dedicated to helping you recover your just compensation. With over 25 years of legal experience, we possess the comprehensive knowledge of New York law and court proceedings related to this type of case, and the skills necessary in order to obtain the justice you deserve.
Our legal team represents clients in a wide range of premises liability claims, including:
- Slip and fall accidents
- Snow and ice falls
- Negligent security
- Dog bite injuries
- Defective conditions on the premises
- Elevator, ladder and escalator accidents
- Improperly maintained stairwells
- Swimming pool accidents
- Amusement park accidents
- Toxic chemical exposure
- Lead Exposure
- Asbestos exposure
- Fires and explosions
- Falling objects
Injured victims face many legal obstacles in pursuit of recovering damages. They must prove that property owner owed a legal duty to them and the property owner breached this duty. In addition, they may be required to show that the person who owned and controlled the premises failed to exercise the care that a reasonable person would. A slip and fall attorney in White Plains may be vital in this effort. Our attorneys or investigators may need to visit or photograph the area of the fall to document the dangerous condition.
The following elements must be established in order to properly file for a premises liability claim:
- The defendant owned the property, either private or commercial.
- The plaintiff was lawfully on the property. The individual can be invited by the owner, hired to work on the property by the owner, or the property was open to the public.
- Dangerous conditions existed, such as slippery floors, insufficient lighting, toxic chemicals, negligent security, etc. (This element may not be necessary for every type of action.)
- The defendant knew about these conditions, but failed to warn visitors, customers or tenants about the potential hazard.
- The defendant failed to fix these problems or repaired the hazards but did so insufficiently.
- Negligence resulted in your injury.
Our White Plains slip and fall lawyers understand that property owners and their insurance companies are ready to defend themselves, even accusing you of “comparative fault,” claiming you were partially at fault for causing the accident. We can conduct our own investigation, gather or analyze the evidence and develop a relentless and personalized strategy to fight for you.
At Tilem & Associates,PC, we represent individuals and business throughout the New York metropolitan area. Let us fight for you while you recover from your injuries.
Contact us to schedule your complimentary consultation with a slip and fall or negligence lawyer in White Plains today. Our lawyers can even meet you at the hospital or rehabilitation facility if necessary.