Yonkers DWI Lawyer
Due to the dangers of intoxicated driving in New York, state courts look at DWI cases with extreme harshness. Without a skilled and trustworthy attorney, you could end up spending an ample amount of time in jail and paying thousands of dollars in fines.
If you have been arrested and charged with DWI in Yonkers, NY, our firm can help you obtain the outcome you desire and put this entire ordeal behind you. With over 25 years of experience, our Yonkers DWI lawyers have successfully handled countless of DWI cases on behalf of our clients, and we are confident we can do the same thing for you.NY DWI & DWAI Penalties
As soon as you are arrested, it is imperative to reach out for legal services immediately in order to have the best chance of securing the best outcome possible. A conviction of driving while intoxicated or driving while ability impaired results in jail time, fines, and license suspension.
The following are the DWI and DWAI penalties in New York:
- First DWI: One year in jail, fines of up to $1,000, and a six-month license suspension
- First DWAI: 15 days in jail, fines of up to $500, and a 90-day license suspension
- Second DWI: Four years in jail, fines of up to $5,000, and a one-year license suspension
- Second DWAI: 30 days in jail, fines of up to $750, and a six-month license suspension
- Third DWI: Seven years in jail, fines of up to $10,000, and a one-year license suspension
- Third DWAI: 180 days in jail, fines of up to $1,500, and a six-month license suspension
At Tilem & Associates, PC, we can develop a strong defense strategy by investigating your case and collecting important pieces of evidence. As a former prosecutor, our senior partner possesses the comprehensive understanding of both sides of the courtroom to give you a huge advantage to get the results you want.
Contact our firm and request a complimentary case evaluation today.