Homicide, Murder & Manslaughter
Homicide crimes are some of the most challenging cases that any criminal defense attorney could face. These charges can run from A-1 felonies, punishable by up to life imprisonment, to Class E felonies, punishable by a maximum sentence of 4 years in prison.
Homicide cases, as defined in the New York Penal Law, include:
- Murder in the First Degree
- Aggravated Murder
- Murder in the Second Degree
- Aggravated Manslaughter in the First Degree
- Aggravated Manslaughter in the Second Degree
- Manslaughter in the First Degree
- Manslaughter in the Second Degree
- Vehicular Manslaughter in the First Degree
- Vehicular Manslaughter in the Second Degree
- Criminally Negligent Homicide
- DWI Causing Death
The White Plains criminal defense attorneys at Tilem & Associates, PC have the experience to vigorously defend all types of homicide cases. Using forensic pathologists, accident reconstructionists, DNA testing and private investigators, our lawyers have the expertise and knowledge to attack the prosecutor’s case.
Senior Partner Peter Tilem worked as a homicide prosecutor who investigated and prosecuted homicides for the District Attorney’s Office. Today, he represents clients charged with all types of crimes, including the most serious of homicide cases. Mr. Tilem has appeared on CNN, 60 Minutes and numerous other media outlets.Tell Us Your Side of the Story Today
If you or a loved one has been accused of a homicide, contact an experienced White Plains criminal defense lawyer at Tilem and Associates, PC as early as possible. You can reach us online or by calling at (877) 377-8666 regarding your legal matter.